CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pomegranates and Black Eyed Peas





I love pomegranates and black-eyed peas (the veggie, not the band - although they are cool too). I also like brussel sprouts, asparagus, black beans, sweet potatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, rhubarb, squash, coconuts, star fruit, mangos, any berry, and really any other produce except saurkraut and tomatoes. A lot of people do not like even half of those. I like to eat weird things. When I was little and we could pick what we wanted to eat on our birthdays I wanted my mom to make me lobster and artichokes. This was when we lived in New England and lobsters weren't a million dollars.

The first Christmas Josh and I were married (5 days after our wedding) we were at his parents' house. Josh's mom likes to eat new and different things but unfortunatley Gary, Josh and Jared do not. So, since I was the first girl added to the family and I liked weird foods, she made stuffed artichokes. I loved them, I don't know if anyone else did or not.

I am actually quite proud of Josh - when we started dating, got married etc. he would only eat basically green beans, carrots, potatoes and corn. He now enjoys asparagus, mushrooms and occasionally a spinach salad. Next on the list is any type of squash although I anticipate getting him to like anything in that group will be much more difficult.

Pomegranates are almost out of season and I am dreading that. I will hopefully be able to eat many more before they are done for the year. It's a good thing black-eyed peas come in a can.

1 comments:

JENNY said...

I love pomegranates, too!!