CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Vacation Part 4

I am finishing the Thanksgiving vacation just in time to start the Christmas vacation next week.

One of the highlights of my whole trip was getting to see Mark, Nancy Jasmine and Olivia. Nancy was both of my brother's kindergarten teacher and one of my mom's best friends. Nancy will credit my mom for bringing her to the church. I was at the hospital when Jasmine was born 2 months premature and saw Olivia days after she was born. Both of these girls call me "Sissy" and my brother Jeremy "Bubba". I babysat them all the time in middle school and high school. One time when I was babysitting we went through a tornado! Both girls were in my wedding and are so so special to me!

Nancy was always kind of 1/2 friend and 1/2 mom figure to me. I admire her for so many things. She married Mark about 6 1/2 years ago (I think that's right). He has been such a huge blessing for her.

Josh and I stayed with them Saturday night then went to church and to lunch on Sunday. At church they showed me where Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley sit!
For lunch we went to Rudy's BBQ - "worst BBQ in Texas". Actually, the best BBQ in Texas. I introduced Josh to Rudy's a few years ago and now he can't get enough of it!

That's pretty much all of the vacation. I think being in Austin was good for my soul - reminds me of where I came from and just feels so wonderfully familiar. I always love being with the Jones family. I have the best in-laws ever and look forward to all of our visits. All in all, a great trip. Thanks for reading.


l to r - me, Josh, Jasmine, Nancy, Mark, Olivia

1 comments:

Sue said...

I can't believe these are the same "little" girls from your wedding. What beautiful young women they have become! I'm so glad you were able to enjoy Austin while you were here, and, of course we loved having you here too.
Love you!
Sue