CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 5, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I mean, I really love it. I get so excited when store come out with decoration. I could walk around for hours in craft stores, Pottery Barn, etc.

Another thing that I love about this time of year is buying presents. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy getting presents too, but I like giving them way more. I love to shop for things I think people will like. I love to make presents that are personalized and heartfelt. I also look forward all year to wrapping the presents. I try to make each one unique and beautiful. I love it, love it, love it.

This year I have had a little bit of a hard time getting in the "spirit". I think that is mostly because I had packed away all of our decorations because we are trying to move (more on that another time). Wednesday night I broke down and just got a few things out of boxes. I then decided it was time to start wrapping presents. So I put on comfy pjs, made a cup of my favorite tea you can only get this time of year (it's called Joy and is at Starbucks - try it), got out wrapping stuff and put on White Christmas. I watch White Christmas regularly between Thanksgiving and New Year's. It is technically a Christmas movie but isn't all about Christmas so I have some leeway with appropriate times to watch it.



To add to the new found Christmas spirit, it snowed all day yesterday! Today at work we have been wrapping and sorting present that we will give to our kids in foster care at our holiday party tomorrow. We will decorate cookies, have pictures with Santa, play games etc. This is a great time of year.

All day I've been sing to myself "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Ev'rywhere you go; Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again, With candy canes and silver lanes aglow. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in ev'ry store But the prettiest sight to see is the holly that will be
On your own front door. "

3 comments:

Becky Martin said...

I love the movie White Christmas too. I just upgraded my VHS copy to DVD so I can watch in widescreen! Have you seen the movie Holiday Inn? It's from 1941 (about 10 years before White Christmas) and it's the first movie the song White Christmas was actually sung in - there's some fun trivia for you. I have to watch it along with White Christmas every holiday season.

JENNY said...

I LOVE the Christmas season, too! And, I love White Christmas. I'm jealous it has been snowing there. It doesn't feel too "christmasy" here in Houston.

Kaylee's Mommy said...

I love White Christmas too. When I was living in Texas, I had permanently borrowed my mom's VHS copy and then last year broke down and bought the DVD version for me! I'm guilty of watching it in July too! So crazy!