CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Addie's 1st Easter

We had a pretty busy weekend. On Friday we took Addison to take 6th month/Easter pictures. They were great! Then Addison and I headed up to Cheyenne to see my dear friend Melanie at her baby shower. She is having a baby girl, Julia Grace maybe any day now. Her actual due day is towards the very end of April. We had a wonderful time meeting her friends and seeing all of the gifts for Julia. I gave Melanie an ACU shirt for Julia and she absolutely loved it. Mel and I have been friends for a long time (since freshman year of college). Moving to Colorado was rough on both of us. I am so glad that Melanie first found a wonderful husband Matt, and then, after moving to Cheyenne, found a godly group of women to support and love her. Anyway, we had a great time at the shower. One of Mel's sweet friends put Addie and I up for the night so we didn't have to drive back to Denver so late. Addison was a hit and was so good even staying out late. She also loved Matt and Mel's dog Abby.



Saturday morning we woke up early and drove straight to church to go to the church Easter Egg hunt. Josh started this as a community out reach 3 years ago and it has grown every year. This year we collected, filled and hid over 2,600 eggs in the park across the street from the church. This year we had more "visitor" children than member children. The first year we did this Josh was the Easter Bunny but the past two years he was had one of the high school boys do it. Tons of fun!

Sunday morning a new friend I met at the baby shower on Friday came to church with us and one of the youth group girls was baptized - Hallelujah! That was a great start to Easter morning. Addison looked beautiful in her dress from Gigi and tried to chew on everything in her basket. She got a soft lamb, a touch and feel Peter Rabbit book and a fuzzy baby Bible book. I am amazed at how big she is getting and how much she is learning. She looked so sweet and pretty.



I'm pretty much rambling now so I should get back to work.

1 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

She is beautiful!

(I still have your email in my inbox and am intending to respond. It's just been really busy.)