CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 12, 2010

Q- Quallity Time

I am going to finish this alphabet. I keep forgetting about it. But I will finish it!

We are now up to the letter Q. There are a surprising number of words that start with Q that I thought about using: Questions, Quirky, Quiet, but I settled on Quality time.

I think that sometimes we mistake time with people for quality time. At least for me they aren't always the same thing. I know that Josh and I can be home together all day but barely talk if we are both doing separate things in separate rooms. I find this happens in my time with God. I know He is always with me but I don't stop and just be with Him nearly as often as my heart desires to. One of the things I love about summer is that I can take more walks. That is when I do my best praying - on walks by myself, there is no cell phone or tv, no chores to do etc. I need to spend more quality time with God.

I am a so thankful for the quality time I have with Josh. Lately I have found that I have to make a conscious effort to have our breakfast dates be time together instead of planning our weeks or talking about money and other mundane stuff like that.

My quality time with Jackie Beth is via text messages and phone calls. It's amazing how a few text messages can reaffirm a 10 year friendship. We talked on Saturday for about 20 minutes and it was wonderful. Time with her is wonderful.

I've been thinking more and more about how we can have quality time with grandparents as Addie gets older. I want her, and all of her subsequent siblings, to know -really know- her grandparents. I want them to have a close relationship and not just visit on holidays or birthdays.

Quality time is so important! (I'm getting more and more excited as I write this by the way)

God, thank you for creating us to be in relationship with each other. Thank you for giving us hearts that love, hope, hurt, grieve and connect. I pray that we make it a priority to relate to each other, listen to each other, pray and love in truth.

1 comments:

Sara said...

I LOVED this post. It is so true and something that has been on my heart as well. I love the way God uses you to reach out to people. So often you write things that I need to hear as encouragement or that convict me.
I hope you have a blessed week!