CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Bachelor

I am not a big fan of reality TV overall. I will watch it occasionally and might get into it but nothing like I HAVE TO watch it each week. The exception is The Bachelor. I can't wait for Monday nights.

I kind of want to be on the the show - not to "find love" because I have already found the love of my life, but the experience of visiting amazing places, going on absolutely incredible dates, wearing beautiful clothes etc. As I was watching it last night I was thinking that a lot of those girls are everything that I'm not but occasionally wish I was- first of all they are younger than me but look older, the always have on makeup and look put together. Sometimes I would like to be that "high maintenance" but in all honesty I would rather wear jeans or yoga pants and have my hair in a pony tail. I am drawn to that kind of glamorous life style but when I really think about it I realize I probably wouldn't be happy. I have a wonderful husband that I love - he may not be a model, make tons of money, or be able to take me to castle and a vineyard on a date but he is faithful, sweet, encouraging, funny and mine. Having a closet full of designer clothes and going around the world sounds exciting but it wouldn't take the place of cuddling on the couch with Josh and my sweet baby. I didn't have to go on a tv show to get a chance at true love - instead I worked at ACU Leadership Camps. So, even though I am totally into this show and sometimes wish for that glamour, I wouldn't trade what I have for anything.

I would take roses though.....

2 comments:

Chez said...

You're cute. I agree about the hair and the clothes and stuff... it seems so appealing at first, but the more I think about all the work it takes, the more it makes me want to put on yoga pants and take a nap. :)

Ashley said...

Amen sister! :)