CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

In the Bag -

I haven't participated in all of Cassie's baby series blogs but I had a few minutes at work and thought I would do this one. The topic was what to bring to the hospital. For the most part I liked what people have said so far (see McLinkey's for other posts).

For Mommy:

*Comfy nursing bras or looser sports bras. I didn't like not having a bra on because of "leaking" and it just kinda hurt. The nursing tanks from Target are AWESOME.

*Lotion that smells good (I used some from Avon). I used the Orange Ginger Aromatherapy lotion from Bath&Body Works. It made me at least smell clean and relaxed me in labor when Josh rubbed it on my hands and neck.

*Comfy, soft pjs - I got the same Old Navy matching pjs that Ashley had. I also had my mom bring me a pair of old work out shorts that were loose and that I didn't care if they were messed up. Don't bring anything you would be sad if it got stained. I also had a soft robe that was great.

*My ipod. I made a "Shiloh's Labor List". I didn't even have time to listen to it while I was in labor except in the car on the way there but it would have been good.

*Things that hospital gave me that a necessity - Lanolin cream of breast feeding, Tucks pads, Dermoplast spray, the weird net underwear (some people hate them, I loved them), drugs.

Things for Baby:

*I only brought a nice going home outfit and a few onesies. I used mainly the hospital clothes while we were there. They got messy and icky and I didn't want any of the cute stuff I bought or was given to get stained right away.

*A hat was important but I didn't even think about bringing my own. It was probably good anyway because Addison was small so nothing really fit her.

*A baby book to put footprints in.

*A special blanket.

I have to get back to work or else I would keep going.
* On a totally random note: How can I change my font color or style on the blog?

2 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

I had a couple of ipod playlists and I really did use them: a "breathe" list, a "push" list, and a "it's a boy/girl" list. Those songs we listened to in the hours after she was born are so special to me now.

Dermoplast and Tucks pads -- I never knew what they were before labor, but they were crucial!

Sara said...

Are you using the new layout? Click on Customize in the top right corner, go to Settings on the left, you'll be on the Basics tab... then scroll down to Global Settings. Under the Select Post Editor section choose updated editor. You can change your text in the actual editor.

OR

If you want to change it for good, go to Customize, Layout, Fonts and Colors. There you can change the almost every feature.

Hope this helps!