CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer Recipes

I was inspired to do this by my friend Amy's blog. She is a teacher/soon to be a stay at home mom. Amy mentioned how she enjoys being home to cook.

I love various summer recipes, especially those with seasonal fruits and veggies. I thought that I would share one of my favorites in hopes that people would reply with some that they likes as well.



Fruit Pizza
Press premade (or homeade) sugar cookies dough onto a slightly greased pizza pan.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly brown.
Mix together 8oz. softened cream cheese and 8oz. cool whip then spread on cooled crust.
Top that with sliced fruit of your choice - I like to make pretty designs with things like strawberries, blueberries, mandarine oranges, kiwi and bananas.
Chill and serve.

I wish I had time to cook more - I love to experiment with new recipes or add my own twist to old ones. So often Josh and I aren't home on the same nights so it seems silly to cook a big meal. I need to just start getting into the habit of cooking more anyway - it can be cheaper than going out and healthier than eating cereal for dinner every night.

I look forward to seeing what you share!!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Mmmmm, I love fruit pizza. I wish I had some now!

I enjoyed your last post and intended to comment but haven't yet gotten around to it. I am one of those "bloggers without kids" and I love it! I love what you have to say and do not think in any way blogging is just for people with kids (obviously!).

amy said...

YUM! I can't wait to try this!!!!

Sam said...

Okay, here is a recipe for you. This is one of my experimental summer desserts but Taylor really likes it. It is kind of like a parfait.

You take fresh berries (I like strawberries, blueberries and raspberries but any berry will work), cool whip and store bought angel food cake. Our store as an angel food cake in the shape of a brick for easy slicing. I wash and cut the strawberries into slices, I leave the other berries whole. I place a layer of slice angel food cake in the bottom of a round straight sided glass bowl. Then I added a layer of cool whip, then a layer of berries. I continue layering until I end at the top of the bowl with berries. I usually make the top in a design for prettiness. It is a nice light dessert for hot summer days.

Hope this was the kind of recipe you had in mind.

Chelsie Sargent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsie Sargent said...

I will be making this!