CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 23, 2008

It has begun



Josh left at 5am on Saturday to drive to Abilene for Kadesh with 27 other people. He will get home late on Saturday night while I am in Seattle. We will probably talk on the phone this week but it won't be much. For me, this kind of marks the beginning of the summer even though it is already late June. As much as I love summer, it also means that I have to deal with Josh's crazy schedule and being home alone.

I was thinking that I would almost rather him be gong 3 1/2 weeks in a row instead of home for a week, gone for a week, home for a week etc. It's funny how much just one week alone can change my routine- then Josh gets back and it changes again. It is a lot of adjust to. So many things happen when we are apart that we need a whole day just to sit and catch up sometimes.

I guess this is how our summers will be for a long, long time. I am glad that I have learned to enjoy and use the time by myself but I do wish that he was home. Josh traveling so much makes me nervous. Sometimes he has other drivers, sometimes its just him and a bunch of crazy teenagers. I find myself praying constantly through out the day for his health and safety.

So, if you know a youth minister's wife - give her a hug and have her over for dinner one night when she is alone for the week. It's a tough job but a huge blessing to be married to a man who gets paid (not a lot, but still paid) to go to camps and act crazy all summer.

3 comments:

Kasey Lane McCollum said...

Casey is at Kadesh this week too. We are both the lonely wives at home. I wish we were there so bad. (So we could be at Kadesh and so we could see each other.)

Chelsie Sargent said...

I hear ya about the crazy schedule!

Melanie L said...

SHILOH!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!! Call me ASAP; I'm coming to see you ok. :)