CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blogging

This will probably be a little bit of venting but I'm ok with that.

I have heard several things lately about people thinking blogging is stupid if you don't have kids, and if you do have kids how you do have time to write on a blog. My thoughts are this:
I don't have any kids, not for lack of trying, but I think that there is nothing wrong with writting a blog about life. I fully intend to have a life and not lose my personality after I do have kids. I have gotten the impression from several people I have been around lately that "life starts when you have a family". I don't really agree with that at all. I love reading blogs of several of my friends who are married, single, parents etc. They all have things that are worthwhile to say and a life that is interesting to share.

So...to all you people whose blogs I read - thank you for writting and sharing part of your lives. To all of those who just read my blog - thank you, and please tell me if I am simply rambling and have nothing of interest to share.

6 comments:

Lacy said...

I agree with you. I had one before we moved here and then stopped doing it but here lately have started typing stuff again. I think it's a great way to keep your family and friends updated on what's going on as well as having a little venting time now and then :)

Becky Martin said...

I'm so glad that you vented. I agree with you, and not just in the blogging world but society in general. As a single female there are a lot of social settings I don't feel welcome in without a husband and children - like they are my pasport for acceptance. I hate to say it but this is especially within the Christian community. I've really been struggling with churches lately because most of them emphasize families and right now my family is just me.

All of that said - keep blogging, I love reading about your life. It's not boring to me.

Ashley said...

Amen sister! :)
Keep on blogging...I love reading it.

Sam said...

I love reading blogs no matter if you have kids or not. Personally, sometimes I think that the people who don't have kids have to be a little more creative with their bloggings as we don't just have endless cute stories about the kiddos. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. Even though I talk to Josh often, we are usually catching up on "news". I feel that I've gotten to know you better through your expressions of your feelings. Keep blogging!
Sue

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. Even though I talk to Josh often, we are usually catching up on "news". I feel that I've gotten to know you better through your expressions of your feelings. Keep blogging!
Sue