CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 21, 2008

What a crazy weekend

My weekend was frantic! I was in charge of the program at our annual Women's Tea on Saturday. I was also speaking at the tea. There was lots of prep work but it all got done. I have realized that I get pretty frustrated when people complain and complain about things but don't offer to help. It was a learning expereince to help plan this event and realize not only how much work goes into it but also how hard (impossible) it is to please everyone or even avoid making people mad.

Anyway, the topic that I spoke about was joy. I started out by sharing several things that bring me joy - flowers, rock climbing, my pooh bear, Starbucks, Africa, my family etc. Then instead of talking about how to have joy in times of suffering I directed the talk to be about the joy that we bring to God. I think this is a topic that is not mentioned as often as it should be. I read Eph. 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works with God prepared in advance for us to do." I talked about that the greek word for workmanship, poima, and that masterpiece is a better translation of that.

That is so powerful to me, that we are GOD'S MASTERPIECE. We are the best that He created. The verse goes on to talk about how there are good works that he prepared in advance for us to do. I think those are things like being loving, forgiving, gracious, servants etc. But it is also indiviudualized - He has things that He planned for me to do to honor and glorify Him. Wow.

Well, the tea went well. My friend Melanie Larson came from Colo Springs and spent the weekend with Josh and I after the tea. The next day, Sunday, was the night that there was a Comedy Show at church. My husband has spent months planning this. Last year was the first Comedy night and Bob Smiley came. Josh planned it so it would be an outreach event to bring friends to. I think almost anythign would seem like a let down because last year was so successful but this one was ok. Not quite as successful, but ok. We had the group 321 Improv come. They were hilarious!!! Josh worked so hard on this and I'm so glad it went well.

He does such a great job at not only being involved in the youth group but planning events for and being involved in the body as a whole as well. He really is taken advantage of and underpaid. It really shows me that this is about his heart and his ministry more than prestige or a pay check. What a great example of being a servant and having a vision for God's people.

It was a fun but exhausting time. I loved seeing my sweet friend Melanie. Friends are truly healing in a lot of ways.

1 comments:

Melanie L said...

You and Jesus fill my cup to overflowing! I LOVE YOU.

So, is Josh still going to be mad that he didn't get credit for the Greek word? :)