CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 24, 2008

100 things about me...

1. I have the sweetest, most wonderful husband ever!!
2. Christmas time is one of my all-time favorite things.
3. When I was 8 I broke my arm and the bones came out – now I have a cool scar that I can make move in and out.
4. I hate to sleep in socks.
5. I eat chocolate cake crumbled up in a bowl of milk.
6. I still have my best friend’s order at Subway memorized – just in case.
7. I love to exercise.
8. Fresh flowers make me smile.
9. If I could go hiking or rock climbing every day I would.
10. My husband Josh gets nervous that I am not careful enough when I climb.
11. I love to snuggle in my bed with a book all day – especially if it is cold outside.
12. One of my favorite things to do is to make cards for people – I almost never buy them anymore.
13. Aspen trees are my favorite trees.
14. I have an aspen tree in the closet on our balcony. It’s been there for 2 years waiting for me to make candleholders out of it. 1
5. I love to drink water and I almost never drink any sodas.
16. Someday I would love to have a pearl necklace.
17. My husband taught me how to throw a football so I didn’t throw like a girl.
18. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister.
19. My brother Jeremy and I used to hate each other but now we are good friends and I love him!!20. My sister and I are both adopted.
21. I am allergic to cats and a ton of other things but cats are the worst.
22. I put on lotion a lot – I think it relaxes me.
23. I am the shortest one in my family (but the oldest kid)
24. I really enjoy cooking but am not as good at it as I would like to be.
25. I seldom cry in movies.
26. I would wear p.js or comfy clothes every day if I could.
27. I do still like dressing up though – it makes me feel pretty.
28. I like to try new things – especially foods and outdoor stuff.
29. I would probably move to Africa or Scotland tomorrow if given the chance.
30. I really want a dog.
31. I also want a rabbit. It would be awesome to have an exotic pet like a cheetah. When I was in Africa a lady had a cheetah as a pet –it rode in her car.
32. I was bitten by a lion cub in Africa.
33. I love antiques and walking around giant antique stores.
34. One of my favorite people to be around is Jackie Beth. We are very spontaneous together. 35. When I was little I could beat my brothers and all my boy cousins in a race and I was better at baseball then they were.
36. I still sleep with a Winnie the Pooh I have had since I was a baby. It has no fur, no ears and only one eye – but I love him.
37. I have never had a bloody nose (that I can recall).
38. I never had braces but I wish I would have because I really don’t like my teeth.
39. I really like to organize things. They don’t always stay that way, but at least I try.
40. Bugs don’t really bother me – except for roaches. They are gross.
41. I would love to go to Italy on a vacation.
42. My hair is naturally wavy/curly but I don’t wear it like that often. 43. I love the smell of lavender, citrus and bergamot.
44. I love to drink tea. I always drink black tea with milk – very British.
45. It would be great to decorate my apartment with a star or country theme.
46. I can’t wait to have a house so I can paint it. I don’t really like white walls.
47. I love old t.v. shows like Matlock, Murder She Wrote etc.
48. I used to love to talk on the phone but now I like it less.
49. I want to have kids, but also adopt as well.
50. My middle name is Dawn after my mom's younger sister who passed away as a teenager.
51. I love the color green.
52. When I was in Elementary School I started a Save the Rainforest Club and we put poster up around the school.
53. I don't like to write with gel, ball point pens.
54. I can't wait to be able to go to grad school.
55. I love jewlery but don't wear a lot of it. Maybe I would if I had more. I especially love James Avery.
56. I don't really have a favorite number.
57. I hav enever been skiing but would like to try.
58. I hate organizing tuperware.
59.I think I have pretty hands and feet - very feminine.
60. I recently got glasses.
61. I hate wearing thongs.
62. On our honeymoon Josh and I climbed Dunns River Falls in Jamacia.
63. We went on our honeymoon 2 months after our wedding.
64. My brother Sean used to call me Thunder Thighs - as I joke.
65. I absolutely cannot stand the smell of saurkraut.
66. Artichokes are one of my favorite foods. I ate them when I was little and loved them.
67. On my birthday my mom would make us any meal we wanted. I wanted lobsters and artichokes.
68. We would buy the lobsters live and let them crawl around on the floor before we ate them - cruel - I know.
69. Before I was adopted (as a baby) my birth mom named me Kara.
70.I love post -it notes.
71. I get obsessed with coupons - I love saving money.
72. I think Steve Nash is great.
73. Coloring is very therapeutic.
74. My husband once pulled my pants down in the hallway of our apartment building - not a sexual thing, just a joke.
75. I love to jog in the rain during summertime.
76. Up until my freshman year in college I wanted to be a profiler in the FBI.
77. I gave up on that dream because to get into the FBI you most likely needed a computer degree or a law degree.
78. I love to eat Cadbury eggs.
79. My sister and I have regularly scheduled "sissy time". The first Sissy Time was when she was in a bad mood and I burst into her room singing the Beattles song "Help".
80. I really enjoy to pay for the people behind me in the drive thru lane at fast food places, toll booths and Starbucks.
81. I plan on getting a tatoo this summer.
82. My husband and I have gone through 2 lost pregnancies in the past 6 months - the first was a miscarriage and the second was an ectopic pregnancy.
83. If I could swim or sit outside by the pool all day I would love it.
84. I hate sheets that are loose on the bed. I don't like them to get wrinkly or tangled.
85. My dad read me Sherlock Holmes stories and the Chronicles of Narnia before bed when I was little.
86. I think I have messy handwritting.
87. Josh has much neater handwritting than me.
88. My hair and fingernails grows super slow.
89. I was born in Amarillo, TX.
90. I have moved over 20 times.
91. I lived in Rhode Island for 5 years and moved when I was 8. I have only been back once since then.
92. I want to have boys. Girls would be ok but I want to be able to do all the hiking, camping, sports stuff.
93. When I was little I would throw a huge fit if I didn't have my hair done right or a dress on.
94. I love to read and I also read really fast so on a trip I end up taking several books.
95. I still enjoy watching Disney movies and singing the songs.
96. I collect tea cups. Recently a shelf broke in our apartment and almost half of them broke.
97. I don't really like shopping and just wandering around. I have to have something in mind.
98. I wish I was a better dancer.
99. I love to get massages.
100. This really wasn't that hard to do.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I remember you breaking your arm. That fort/playscape in your backyard was a menace! Good list!

Melanie L said...

I think my favorite is #31. Only you, Shiloh. :)