CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 7, 2009

Thankful for friends - F

First, I really wanted to scan in some pictures to put on here but haven't had the time. Maybe I'll get it done soon...Otherwise, just imagine cool pictures of all of my friends.

I have the greatest friends ever! Other people think they have the best friends, but they are wrong.

When I think about my friends who have blessed me one of the things that I am most thankful for is that I have friends from various times in my life, places and with different things in common.

Kristen and Jeremy are two of my friend that I grew up with that I still am able to see. Kristen lives in Denver and I try to see her and her family whenever I can. We always make an effort to hang out when Jeremy comes in town. They share my love for Africa since they grew up living in Africa as a missionary family

David, Elliott, Danny, Jessica, Stacey, Ben, Eric, and Cal are some of the friends from Austin that I grew up with. I don't keep up with some of them as much as I would like to but I have wonderful memories of things we have done together.

Steve, Casey and Kasey were some of my very best friends at ACU. They played such an important part in my life.

Mel, Ashley, Jeff, Linds, Emily, Amy, Tucker, Kyle, Beth, Clint and Andy are a few of the people I was lucky enough to be friends with at ACU. One of the neat things about my friendship with Mel is that we are still a big part of each others lives since we live near each other and are kind of all alone up here. It has been a blessing to have a college friend so close.

Lacy, Andy, Mary, Jeff, Brad and Alli are friends that I have gotten to know through jobs. We definitely formed trauma bonds because of the work we do. Lacy has since moved back to Texas. I get together with Alli once a month and it is one of the highlights of my month. I try to get together for lunch with Brad, Jeff and Mary when we can find a time too.

Sheila, Lynn, Connie, Linda, and Joan are among some of the women I have gotten to know and love in Denver. They have laughed with me, prayed with me, brought us meals and so many other things. At times I think some of us are more family than friends.

And then there is Jackie Beth. I would easily call her my best friend. In some ways we are like the same person - we "get" each other in a way that has to be from God. In other ways we are pretty different. I love that we have been able to stay friends being far apart and not getting to hang out very often. She is the friend that I can say anything to, even if it is over voice mail. One of my other favorite things is that we are able to our dorky, goofy selves when we are together.

I am so thankful for all of my friends - ones that I don't keep up with, ones that I do and friends that I know God will put in my life in the future.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

YOU are such a sweet friend & such a blessing to so many!