CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Creation

Last night in the youth group class they wrapped up a month of classes focused on worship. Dennis, Josh's youth deacon and right hand man was teaching this week. He wanted to do the class about creation. We started off watching a 6 minute video that I think had a lot of the same scenes as Disney's Earth movie (which I saw and loved). While the scenes were showing there was a song playing (no idea who it is is by or what it is called) that was talking about how can we not believe there is a God when we see the world.

There wasn't really a formal discussion afterwards - just singing songs and people sharing thoughts, scriptures etc. Towards the end of class Dennis read this verse from Psalm 119:
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be."

He talked about how Addison is being knit together right now. That was cool for me to hear. I honestly haven't taken the time very often to sit and think about how Addison growing and being healthy is not just a miracle but a testimony to God's majesty. I have thought how it is a blessing and an answer to prayer but I haven't given the actual creation itself much pause. I have definitely been guarding my heart against something going wrong. I have tried not to get very emotionally attached to the wiggly images I see on the ultrasound screen. But, it is a powerful and miraculous thing! At the same time my stomach is growing, she is forming organs, eye balls, hair, bones, a brain and facial features. How can this be explained with out God? I'm not doing anything special to really help her grow. I mean, I try to eat healthy and still exercise. I'm not drinking alcohol or inhaling toxic fumes. But, I don't have to concentrate on my body growing a baby. God has designed it to happen all on its own.

Another thing that we mentioned in class last night was the God does not make mistakes. We often assume that he does when things go wrong. But God is never wrong. If Addison comes out without the typical number of fingers and toes, or has a birth mark covering her, or if some of her organs don't work quite right we will still love her. God is involved of all aspects of creation and His ways are so much higher than ours. That is powerful. We serve a truly awesome God.

I just wanted to share those thoughts. Have a great day!

0 comments: