CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Songs of my life

I have decided that lately songs have describing my feelings more of how I am feeling that I am able to. Tomorrow is my last day at Adoption Alliance. Josh will pick me up from work and we will leave from here to drive to Texas. I'm really doing ok for the most part. Sad to say goodbye to awesome, selfless foster families and precious, hilarious children who have overcome more than I can imagine. I am also sad to say goodbye to my great foster care team, especially Jennifer and Courtney - I will laugh quite a bit less now, but I am determined to stay in touch with them.

Anyway, here of some of the songs that can read my mind lately....

Everything by Telecast:
"When the world comes crashing down around my feet
And I can't see ten feet in front of me
Jesus, I know that you are strong when I am weak
So please help me, allow you to be
My everything


No matter what this day will bring
I will lift my hands and sing
Oh be my everything
I'll make my life an offering
In you alone, I believe
Oh be my everything,
My everything "

 Show Me What I'm Looking For by Carolina Liar:
"Save me, I'm lost
Oh Lord I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for
Oh Lord"
 
Pork and Beans by Weezer:
"I'm gonna do the things that I wanna do, I ain't got a thing to prove to you. 
I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans, 
excuse my manners if I make a scene. 
I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like. 
I'm fine and dandy with me inside. 
One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink, 
I don't give a hoot about what you think"

Chicken Fried: Zac Brown Band
"And its funny how it`s the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes
There`s no dollar sign on a piece of mind; this I`ve come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise your glasses for a toast
To a little bit of chicken fried

Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I`ve seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman`s eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother`s love
"

  
Everything by Lifehouse:
"Find me here, and speak to me. 
I want to feel you, I need to hear you. 
You are the light that's leading me
To the place where I find peace again. 

You are the strength that keeps me walking
You are the hope that keeps me trusting
You are the light to my soul
You are my purpose. My everything."


There's more but that's enough for now.

Addie's birthday is in less than a month and I still can't believe she is almost a year! Josh is done with the summer and except for a few conferences he is home for awhile. I am applying for jobs and will get to file for unemployment on Wednesday.

That's about all that is going on.
 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Music is calming for the soul. Mom