CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Father's Day - 2 weeks late

I apologize to my husband for this being so late. But, in all honesty, he has been out of town for two weeks so he probably didn't notice.

I could easily write a long mushy blog about this being Josh's first Father's Day and how special that is to us for a lot of reasons. In the interest of time (I'm at work) and for those of you who really don't want to read the long mushy blog, I will do a top ten list of reasons why Josh is a great dad.

#10. He knows how to do girl's hair already.





#9 He changes diapers, gives baths, feeds her dinner and gets her dressed. 

#8 He is already protective of her. This picture is silly (the shirt says Dads Against Daughters Dating), but I know that he will continue to protect her as much as he can - from physical harm as well as emotional and spiritual harm. 
 
#7 Josh is so good at taking pictures of her! If it was up to me there wouldn't be facebook pictures of updates to family. Josh is great at capturing the precious expressions, moments and memories with Addie.

#6 He is a youth minister. This has pros and cons - the major con being the Josh disappears frequently. But, I am excited about Addie growing up in a family involved in ministry. I want to teach her to serve others and be proud of what her Daddy does and the sacrifices he makes to help teens know and love Jesus.


#5 He loves to play with her and make her laugh! I think it is so fun to sit and watch Josh play with Addie and tickle her, fly her around the room and make her laugh. I know that he will continue to play all kinds of games with her as she grows.










#4 Family is important to him. Even when things get crazy (like right now) it's important to Josh that he stay connected to his family. I know that will be an even bigger blessing to Addie and any future kids that their Dad makes them a priority. 


#3 Josh loves Addison! He has loved her from the first time he saw her and even before that. He loves to sit and hold his daughter. Sometimes I have to tell him to put her in her bed so she doesn't get used to being held while she sleeps. He loves to snuggle her in the mornings after she wakes up. He acts all goofy around her and it is so obvious that he loves her. She will always know her Daddy loves her!




#2 Josh loves me. This is important because I think children need to know that their parents are in love and that their marriage is important. I have no problem if it embarrasses Addison as she gets bigger when we kiss or hug in public or around her. 

#1 He loves God. He will pray for Addison and pray with her. He read her bible stories and teach her to have her own faith. I can't think of a better legacy or example to leave to your children as a father. Loving God and following him has and will continue to enable Josh to be a great father! 

Happy Belated Father's Day Joshua! I love you!

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Very Sweet! Have enjoyed hanging out a bit with Josh this week. Wish you two could be here too!