CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankfulnes Project - A

I love the holidays, including Thanksgiving. But, I want it to be more than just turkey, football and pie so I am writing about things I am thankful for. I was originally just going to write about one thing each week. Instead I decided to write about one thing for each letter of the alphabet and try to finish by the end of the year. I am sure there will be intermittent posts about things going on with us etc.

Since A is the first letter in the alphabet and is also conveniently the first letter of my daughter's name I think that is a great place to start.

Addison Hope Jones - I am so incredibly thankful for her. I am thankful for her sweet smile, her beautiful eyes, silky hair, and sweet hands. I am even thankful for her crying and poopy diapers. Josh and I have wanted a baby for so long and she was worth the wait. I look at her and sometimes get so overwhelmed with love it makes me want to cry. I am thankful that I will get to be her mom, help her learn and grow, watch her become her own person and a person who loves God, pray with and for her, laugh together and so many other things.
Yes, I am definitely thankful for Addison.

3 comments:

Alisa N. said...

She is precious!!

erin f. said...

Shiloh...I am SO sorry...you probably think I am the worst friend ever. Somehow I just now found the burp cloths you sent - they were in a big basket in Ellie's closet of gifts and things that Todd had put up and I just now found...THANK YOU! I don't have your address...would you mind sending it to me..you can send it to my e-mail erinfaubus@yahoo.com.

K Dubb said...

Brilliant idea with your thanks/blessings following the alphabet. Love the picture of Addie!