CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 27, 2009

C- Christmas


Since it is the day after Thanksgiving I thought it was neat that today's letter is C and today is the day I get to officially start the Christmas season.

I LOVE Christmas. I love the lights, music, decorations, the smell of Christmas trees, candles, angels, presents, egg nog, snacks etc. One of my favorite things is buying presents for people. I like getting them, but buying them is way better. I love to pick out things that I think are perfect for the people I love. I love to wrap beautiful packages and watch as they are opened on Christmas morning.

I am thankful for the wonderful memories of Christmas I have growing up. We had advent boxes that we opened every day of December. They usually had a piece of candy or something small. My parents also gave us Twelve Day gifts. On the twelve days of Christmas we got a small present in our stocking every morning. I got things like a book, cool socks, earrings etc. It wasn't so much that my siblings and I liked the gifts, it was the excitement and anticipation each morning. Each year my mom either bought or made us all pajamas and we got to open them on Christmas Eve. Sometimes they all matched, sometimes the girls matched and the boys matched, sometimes they were all unique. Each year we would take pictures in our new pajamas in front of the tree.

I love the times during the holiday when we get to relax and celebrate with friends and family. I love the messages of peace, giving, love and forgiveness that are heard around Christmas. I love that people who may typically be grouchy or keep to themselves are likely to be more open and joyful during this time of year. It really does seem that there is magic in the air. I do wish that celebrating Christ was more a part of our secular Christmas celebration and I try to focus on that personally.

I am thankful for almost everything about this time of year and I can't wait to start making new Christmas memories and traditions with my daughter.

1 comments:

Josh said...

That's a great picture of our living room. Glad we got all those decorations put up so quickly.