CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 30, 2011

Where is your heart?

So, besides being good for recipes and craft ideas, Pinterest has been making me think lately. I read something on the site a few days ago that I can't get out of my head.
"If you want to know where you heart is, look to where you mind goes when it wanders."

That is really interesting. Where does my mind go when it wanders? Sometimes it goes to old friends or family, or to things I would rather be doing, often it goes to my to-do list at work and home. I find my self thinking about things that I want to get done whether it's dishes, laundry or sending an email to someone I have been thinking about lately. I will start thinking about music I like, my next work out or the silly thing Addison did. My mind wanders a lot and since I have been paying attention to where it goes I have been embarrassed at how little it wanders towards Christ instead of the mundane things. I would love to focus more on what He is telling me and what I should be hearing rather than what I should make for dinner.

I'm not exactly sure how to change that except to start making a more purposeful effort to focus more at times. I don't want faith and the things that God has made me passionate about and that He is pulling me towards to be the things that I go to the least.

I want to be proud of where my mind goes and where my heart is. I know it will still go to the everyday and the mundane things and I will frequently think about that my to do list but I don't want that to be my first thoughts and my focus.

Thanks pinterest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tory Burch Boots the same time, Shi Hualuo the world singular element feels urgently is honored can write in following several in its prominent cooperation name list from the Chinese Hong Kong and the mainland, walks in the creativity acme young designer: Qiu Hao, Jin yu, Wang Peiyi, Zhang Chi, Masha Ma and Deng are remarkable Tory Burch Sandals.
Each designer from Master Shi Hualuo world singular element high-quality goods in the series, selects one section most to be able to stimulate the inspiration the crystal element to carry on the creation Tory Burch Flats. But Miss Li Jiaxin except takes this project the key man, also personally designed one section to use Shi Hualuo the world singular element the elegant work, not only chose a section of brand and Kelisiting Tory Burch Flip Flops?

jdtindall said...

What a wonderful thing to think on today! Where does my mind wander... Where is my heart? When my mind wanders, I am often thinking of friends and family- those who I miss and those who I am trying to make time for in my busy schedule. Like you, I am often thinking of the never-ending 'to-do' list... Today, and hopefully tomorrow, I am going to certainly try to focus on Christ every time I catch my mind wandering. While I am thinking of my friends, I will pray for them. While I am thinking of my 'to-do' list, I will meditate. Thank you for this wonderful blog! I am looking forward to new mind-wandering adventures today!

TenTen Lin said...

Hi, I am Ten Ten, I also have blog~ It teaches Chinese. If you're interested in Mandarin Chinese, you may drop by my blog ^^ thank u~ have a nice weekend

http://mandarineveryday.blogspot.com/