CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I never thought...

-that I would say the phrase "shoes do not belong in the toilet". Addie threw her shoe in the toilet this morning when she was angry and then this afternoon decided to try to put to her shoes in there for fun (the lid was up because it is broken).

-that I would have to be thinking up ways to trick my daughter to eat veggies or any sort of fruit. She used to love them and then all of a sudden stopped eating them all together unless they are in chip or fruit rollup form. So, if anyone has ideas, bring 'em on.

-that I would rather buy kid clothes/toys etc than stuff for me.

-that I would care so little that my house is a disaster 75% of the time.

-that my daughter would kiss my "ouchies" or that before I convinced her to call them "ouchies" she would combine "owie" and "boo-boo" and say "boobie" when she was hurt. 

-that I could love each stage that she goes through so much for its own unique things - like even right now when she is stubborn and rebellious she is also discovering more about her sense of humor and her affectionate side. She is also learning so many new skills and words.
 
I knew there are going to be a lot more things that I never thought would happen - some great and some not so great. This parenthood thing is definitely an adventure. 

3 comments:

amy said...

Love this! "boobies"-- haha! cute cute.

Kaylee's Mommy said...

Love this post! So true, there are so many things that I never thought I would have to save either and there are things that I never thought I would let my daughter do, but I do!

A hint for the veggies, at one point I had to puree them and "hide" them in different food, but I would still offer them to her. Like put carrots or sweet potato in Mac and Cheese or cauliflower in mash potatoes! Give it a try!

Jennifer said...

I just checked out Deceptively Deliciious from the library...its a cookbook on sneaking veggies into foods without kids knowing :) Ive yet to try it so I cant give it any reviews just yet.